We are now accepting applications for the Young Academy Accelerator Spring/Summer 2018.
You could be part of the sixth cohort of The Young Foundation’s flagship Accelerator programme providing support for innovative education ventures.
The free programme will run in London from April to July. Apply now!
The programme includes:
- A series of group-based workshops designed to strengthen the organisation and its work in key areas including social value, operations, funding and thriving as an entrepreneur.
- 1:1 coaching and support from experts in education, impact measurement and venture development
- Mentoring from our corporate partners, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and UBS.
- The opportunity to test the product or service in a real setting and obtain feedback from prospective users and customers, in collaboration with our education partner, Whole Education.
What are we looking for?
We are keen to work with ventures that are tackling the most pressing issues in education and for young people. Previous ventures supported by the Young Academy have focused on a diverse range of areas including new teaching and learning approaches, life skills and character development and teacher wellbeing. Find out more here: www.youngacademy.org/ventures.
We are particularly interested in working with ventures with the following:
- An innovative approach with early evidence of effectiveness
- Particularly benefits young people who face disadvantage and/or experience the effects of educational inequalities
EARLY STAGE AND HIGH POTENTIAL
- A business model that could generate income and repay an investment
- The ability to scale up and create wider systemic change
LED BY A CAPABLE AND MOTIVATED TEAM
- Including the relevant skills, motivation and ambition to grow a successful venture
- A willingness to learn and share with others as part of a cohort
How to apply
Applications for our Spring/Summer 2018 cohort are open until 9 am on Monday 19th March. Please complete the online application form.
Accepting applications: 21 Feb – 19 Mar (9 am)
Shortlisting and interviews: 20 Mar – 27 Mar
Cohort selection and offers: 28 Mar – 30 Mar
Programme delivery: 17 Apr – 19 June
Demo Day: 6 July
Please contact email@example.com if you have further questions about the programme and eligibility.