Since launching in 2014, The Young Academy has supported over 60 ventures, including Museum in a Box, ImpactEd and Inclusive Classrooms. 15 of the most promising ventures have been backed with over £1 million in seed capital – the portfolio includes Think for the Future, Smart School Councils, TalentEd, Potentially and Structural Learning. The new ventures to join the accelerator are:
- Beyond the Classroom delivers innovative life-skills programmes to young people, with an emphasis on the performing arts, youth leadership and peer mentoring.
- Career Ear is a careers advice app enabling young people to ask industry professionals career-related questions and make well-informed decisions about their futures.
- Get Further supports young people in post-16 education to improve their skills and confidence in English and Maths.
- Project Access is a mentorship programme that connects prospec¬tive applicants from state schools with current university students from similar backgrounds.
- Spaghetti Brain® is an app that helps primary school children to understand and manage their own learning.
- SupportEd is developing an in-school mentoring and emotional literacy programme to prevent children at risk of violence from permanent exclusions.
- Supernotes is a cloud-based note-taking tool with integrated engagement and motivational features that simplifies and improves the learning workflow of students.
- SAMEE provides disabled young people with the practical knowledge and skills needed for exploring self-employment career goals.