The gap in educational attainment between pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds and national averages is stark and worrying. Charitable organisations are delivering a range of innovative interventions to tackle this gap and changing the lives of young people from some of the toughest areas.
Our upcoming report will explore the role of social investment on reducing the educational attainment gap. The report identifies where social investors can find the optimal mix of social impact and security of capital. With the introduction of the pupil premium and the rise in the school leaving age there are opportunities for innovative social organisations to grow. Now is a great time for social investors to help passionate and skilled teams make a difference.
• Rt Hon David Laws MP, Minister of State, Cabinet Office and Minister of State for Schools (invited)
• John Loder, Report Author, The Young Foundation
• Nick O’Donohoe, CEO Big Society Capital
• Kenny Fredrick, Principal, George Green’s School
• Dr Graham Sigley, Deputy Director, Catch Up
• Charlie Green, 24Haymarket & Private Equity Foundation Trustee
The research has been commissioned by the Private Equity Foundation and Big Society Capital and authored by The Young Foundation.
This event is by invitation only. For further information, please email email@example.com.